Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nottinee for Cirtmass and Underground Werewolf.

Short post today. Tuesdays are busy... after teaching from 7:15-4:15, I tutor from 4:30 to 5:30, and then zoom to my night class which goes until 9. But as my college cafeteria lady used to say, "I'm too blessed to be stressed, baby girl!" Below I will post the most recent cry for help from a student. This sweet, sweet girl hasn't seen her dad in 5 years. He lives in El Salvador. She really struggles with English as you'll see from her note below. But she is very good at dancing! And she dances and she just doesn't even care. We have that in common. Anyway, she got "nottinee for Cirtmass." Did your heart just shatter? Ugh, I am so impressed by how sweet (cannot emphasize enough how sweet) she is and especially now after knowing she got no Christmas presents!
To lighten the mood a little, I'll tell you that the whole time her social studies teacher was talking about the Underground Railroad, she thought he was saying underground werewolf. Her mind was blown. Sometimes language barriers are hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment