Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Introduction: Math teacher pours her heart out

Just to start this thing off, I'll say this: I'm not good at writing. I'm not really THAT good at math either! Which is funny because I'm a math teacher and that's what this blog is going to be all about. I am a middle school math teacher at a charter school that is definitely going to remain unnamed. Disclaimer: This blog is not rated G. This is an unchartered AND uncensored territory!

I wish I had started this a long time ago. I wish some other math teacher out there had done this a long time ago so that I would have maybe been able to anticipate and possibly prepare for this roller coaster I'm on. So that's one reason I'm doing this. To give people a window into what it's really like. The day-to-day! People think they know about charter schools because they "read an article...." And I just roll my eyes. They also say "Wow! Teaching! Such great hours! Summers off!" and so on and henceforth. And I shouldn't roll my eyes because I thought the same things before I became a teacher. Bottom line, teaching is the hardest job you'll ever love. And if you're even thinking about doing it, do it! I love my life and I love those kids. Don't really like math but it's a funny thing--I like teaching it! 

I hope you get some enjoyment or perspective from my stories. Please feel free to skim and by all means, please excuse my typos, grammatical errors, and excessive use of exclamation points!!!!!! I'm just really passionate. Thank you and stay tuned. You're gonna love these kids. 

P.S. Today I almost slipped on a used condom. If you can't handle what I just said, then this blog is not for you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment